Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Twinkle Toes

Happy Tuesday everyone.  We are now 4 days into 2011.  Today was a craft day with the girls.  First they spent the morning with Daddy making Shrinky Dinks.  They had a blast.  They showed me how they "made magic".  I love seeing them so happy making stuff.  You would not believe the amounts of paper we go through with them drawing, cutting, folding and "making" thing for Mommy and Daddy.  The second part of the day was me making them their shoes.  I don't know how many of you have daughters but my daughter has been begging me to buy her a pair of shoes called "Twinkle Toes" by Sketchers.  Well I am very sorry to say, but I am not paying $30 for a pair of shoes that she is going to out grow in about 5 months with the rate she is growing.  Also, my daughter is very hard on shoes.  So today I made her a pair.

I made this.....  
All I did was go to Wal-Mart that had the black canvas shoes on sale for $3.  Then with a 40% off coupon went to Hobby Lobby and bought a bucket of acrylic rhinestones (0rignal price 15.99).  I used the 7mm size rhinestones. I already had the fabric glue from a previous project, but you can also use some E600 (allow to dry for at least 24 hrs before letting them wear them).  I let her pick out what colors.  I then made the pattern the best I could.  I feel that something is missing and might go over the area with some glitter glue.  I don't know.  The shoelaces are from Plain & Fancy Bowtique Christmas Collection.  She is happy with her new shoes.  I got to save money and spend  time with my daughter.

and that too.
These are for my younger daughter, who is not so girly.  Also, I could not find girl canvas shoes in her size when shopping so I got the boys. Well with a little "BLING" and some satin ribbon shoe laces in light pink, that I offer on my website Plain & Fancy Bowtique, she now has a pair of girly shoes.   

It took me a total of an hour to make the shoes.
 Thanks for letting me share. 

*****REMINDER: Leave a comment or follow me to be automatically entered to win a pair of white w/ black polka dot ribbon laces. *****
 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I already follow you on RSS feed, but I love both of these pair of shoes! Keep on babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just changed it as a reminder. Thank you for the comment about the shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete